Briefing quick find:
- Please select a briefing
- Shaggy dog stories - Allowing pets in leasehold properties
- Short-term sub-lettings: holiday fun or a risky business?
- Supreme Court reaffirms that prescriptive rights must be based on actual use
- New case law on dilapidations
- Guidance for landlords: UK Government’s 'right to rent' scheme
- Lease assignments to guarantors have been confirmed to be void
- Estates Gazette - Changing structure, maintaining security
- The introduction of CRAR - Cause for distress?
- Breaking news - A dozen recent break option cases
- Estates Gazette - Navigating the dilapidations pitfalls
- Estates Gazette - Jackson reforms: agony or ecstasy?
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes - lost in translation
- Property in dispute: Landlord remedies
- Service charge demands - correct address must be given for the landlord
- Empty rates relief clarified
- Rights under a secure tenancy
- Squatting becomes a criminal offence
- Adverse possession
- The eviction of Dale Farm in Essex begins today
- Hoarders/Uncooperative Tenants - Some Solutions
- Lease Guarantee: When can you not rely on them?
- Eviction of local authority tenants – a question of proportionality
- A case update: break clauses and surrender of leases
- Breaking free: Considerations for tenants on exercising break clauses
- Getting in on the Act: How landlords can try to obtain possession of business premises from protected tenants
- 'Subject to Licence' - Avoiding the pitfalls
- New statutory rights for residential leaseholders
- Service charges - A further safeguard for residential leaseholders
- What is a reasonable time to remedy a breach of covenant?
- Mortgagees of leasehold property left out in the cold
- A change in the law relating to payment of rent by cheque
- The importance of obtaining valuation evidence at an early stage in dilapidations claims
- Commercial solutions for landlords where a tenant becomes insolvent
- Business tenancies with a residential element
- Granting licences – A trap for the unwary
- Beware forbearance!
- Property Dispute Briering - Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002 – In Summary : the key issues affecting property disputes
- Law Commission consultation paper on housing - Renting homes: (1) Status and security
- New costs restrictions in possession actions
- Pre-action protocol housing disrepair claims
- Storm clouds gather for landlords
- Landlords’ liability for injury
- Tenants who unlawfully sub-let beware
- Business tenancies: whether proposals in tenant’s notice to renew a 1954 Act lease are required to be genuine
- Leasehold valuation tribunals: Jurisdiction to review service sharges
- Possession orders: A breach of the Human Rights Act, the right to a private and home life?