Business support staff
We operate through a full business support team including accounting and finance, HR, IT, marketing and other support staff.
Each department employs staff to enable the firm to manage itself efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis as well as to prepare the firm for the future achievement of its objectives.
Although legal secretarial experience is always welcome, it is not essential in order to apply for a secretarial post with us. We consider the overall experience of applicants, taking into account their motivation, communication skills and attitude amongst other factors. We are particularly keen to employ secretaries who will assist our clients as much as possible, becoming actively involved wherever appropriate. We will consider providing assistance for training to administrative staff who would like to further their careers.
Vacancy – Legal Cashier
RadcliffesLeBrasseur LLP is a medium sized law firm, based in the City. The firm provides a full range of high-quality legal services with particular emphasis on three focus areas: Business and Property, Tax and Private Client and Healthcare.
The Accounts Department consists of six members, whom collectively oversee the control of Office Account, Client Account, Billing and Credit Control. The department deals with all the firms’ financial transactions for all three offices in London, Leeds and Cardiff.
- Daily Bank reconciliations for Client and Office bank accounts
- Daily balancing of controls to ensure all prior days’ transactions and postings are processed in accordance with firm policy and SAR’s
- Discharge of counsel fees/ professional fees on payment of our invoices
- Processing BACs, CHAPs, Faster and International Payments using Lloyds Banking System
- Identifying and allocation of Office receipts and payments
- Client to Office Account transfers
- Preparing the banking of incoming cheques
- Circulating daily credit report to Senior Equity Members
- Assisting billing manager with bill processing and WIP reviews
- Write-off of time and disbursement balances as instructed
- Taking and processing Credit/Debit card payments for our invoices
- Helping on various projects including inactive matters and residual balances
- Maintaining an organised electronic filing system
- Covering and resolving team member queries when necessary, in their absence
Experience – essential
- Experience working in a Finance department within a law firm
- Good understanding of the Solicitors Account Rules and VAT Rules
- Knowledge of AML Regulations
- Competent in the use of MS Excel
- Experience of using Elite accounting system or similar
The closing date for applications is Friday 27 August. For more information or to submit an application, please contact:
Assistant to Head of Finance, Accounts