Covid-19 resources: Government ministries
Page last updated 3 June 2021.
Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government
- Letter to all local authorities in England to update them on funding to support interventions for those placed in emergency accommodation, and support for EEA rough sleepers (30 June 2020)
- Press release – Jenrick extends ban on evictions and notice periods
The ban on evictions extended for another 4 weeks and new 6 month notice periods to be in place until at least 31 March 2021.
- Press release – 274 councils set to receive housing support for vulnerable people
The funding will provide interim accommodation and support as part of the government’s commitment to end rough sleeping.
- Guidance – Public health funerals: good practice guidance
Non-statutory guidance for local authorities in England and Wales on public health funerals.
- Guidance – Local Covid-19 outbreaks: lessons learnt and good practice
The report of Dame Mary Ney’s rapid stocktake of lessons learnt from the Leicester City/Leicestershire experience of responding to a local surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Guidance – COVID-19: provision of night shelters
Operating principles for commissioners and providers of night shelters for people experiencing rough sleeping.
- Correspondence – COVID-19: Remote meetings High Court judgment – letter to council leaders
Letter from the Minister for Local Government to councils in England on the High Court’s judgment regarding remote meetings.
- Press release – Limit on mourners at funerals to be removed
Families and friends will shortly be able to pay their respects to loved ones in greater numbers, with numerical limits on funerals to be removed.
- Guidance – Understanding the possession action process: guidance for landlords and tenants
Guidance for landlords and tenants in the private and social rented sectors to explain the possession action process in the county courts in England and Wales.
Ministry of Justice
- Press release – Video-witnessed wills to be made legal during coronavirus pandemic
The Government is to legalise the remote witnessing of wills – making it easier for people to record their final wishes during the coronavirus pandemic. See also our briefing on this topic.
Ministry of Defence
- News story – Armed Forces now working in hospitals, vaccine centres, and testing across all four nations
Armed Forces now working in hospitals, vaccine centres, and testing across all four nations of the UK to support the coronavirus response