Covid-19 resources: NHS Bodies
Page last updated 3 June 2021.
NHS Business Services Authority
- New life assurance scheme
A new life assurance scheme has been introduced for eligible frontline health and social care workers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Guidance regarding staff welfare
Click here for guidance on staff wellbeing and support and employers’ duty of care. The guidance also addresses the steps to be communicated to staff to ensure infection control procedures are followed and guidance on use of personal protective equipment and specific considerations for staff with underlying health conditions. Should you have any questions in relation to this guidance please contact our specialist employment team.
Click here for other employment briefings from our team.
- Advance care planning and guidance template
- Legal guidance for mental health, learning disability and autism, and specialised commissioning services supporting people of all ages during the coronavirus pandemic (updated 19 May 2020)
This guidance concerns the impact of COVID-19 on the use of the Mental Health Act and supporting systems to safeguard the legal rights of people receiving mental health, learning disabilities and specialised commissioned mental health services.
- Supporting patients of all ages who are unwell with coronavirus (COVID-19) in mental health, learning disability, autism, dementia and specialist inpatient facilities (updated to reflect changes in the case definition for Covid-19 from 18 May 2020)
This guidance has been assessed to identify potential equality impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on people with mental health problems or a learning disability and/or autism.
- Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism COVID-19 cell bulletin
This bulletin provides those working in organisations across health, care and support systems with a round-up of the new guidance, communication activities and information coming out of the NHS England and Improvement Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism COVID-19 cell. It is recommended for staff members in social care, the voluntary and independent sectors and the NHS.
- Addressing impact of COVID-19 on BAME staff in the NHS
This guidance facilitates an understanding of which groups are most at risk, so concerted action can be taken to protect them. Key areas of focus for NHS England and NHS Improvement are set out.
- NHS England and NHS Confederation launch expert research centre on health inequalities
The creation of a new centre to investigate the impact of race and ethnicity on people’s health.
- Blog – NHS England and NHS Improvement
We rightly challenge all types of discrimination that assign more importance to physical health than mental health.
- Care homes to benefit from tech to help residents keep in touch with loved ones