April update from Andrew Parsons, Senior Partner
Welcome to my latest monthly update. Since my last briefing there have been continuing advances in reducing the lockdown and restrictions in place as a result of the pandemic. In February, we were still stuck in the midst of lockdown with no definite end in sight. Since then, the roadmap to unlock the country from restrictions has been published and we are now working our way through the various stages – so far to plan – which is obviously positive news. With the vaccine programme still making progress, we must be optimistic that we will keep to the roadmap and arrive at some semblance of the new “unlocked normality” by the summer.
For the firm, April brings with it the start of a new financial year after successfully navigating the unprecedented challenges of the last year. We have come through the economic vagaries of the last year in a very strong and stable position and have continued throughout to operate across our wide range of specialist areas of operation. For the moment, the Government advice is still to work from home if you can, so most of our staff are doing just that, unless they absolutely need to be in the office. However, we will be keeping this under review and opening the office further as soon as it is appropriate. We will of course let you know when the office fully re-opens in due course.
New joiners to the firm and promotions
Despite the ongoing pandemic situation, we have enjoyed welcoming several new starters to the firm over the last couple of months. They include:
- Four trainees: Ghosia Tariq (Healthcare – Providers), Robert Noble (Healthcare – Professionals), Polly Wesson (Tax and Private Client), Adam Clarke-Williams (Family)
- Two paralegals: Egle Urbonaite (Finance), Sophie Cassidy (Family)
- A litigation executive: Smita Nadkarni (Healthcare – Professionals)
- A solicitor: Megan Harding (Property Litigation)
- An associate: Charlotte Kay (Family)
We are also delighted to announce the promotion of:
- Sadie O’Reilly and Robert Emmett to the Partnership in the Healthcare – Professionals team and Family respectively.
- Charles Anderson and Ben Dos Santos who have qualified with us as solicitors after completing their training contracts in Commercial Litigation and Employment respectively.
Congratulations to everyone above.
Until next time, do keep up to date with our briefings and news on our website and social media feeds.
Andrew Parsons, Senior Partner and Head of Healthcare – Providers
T: 020 7222 7040