Hosting Care England event: Do we need an Older People’s Commissioner?
On 15 April 2019, we will be hosting an event for Care England to discuss the potential need for an Older People’s Commissioner. The Commissioner’s role would be to promote the needs of older people.
The need for this role is driven by the fact that older people’s needs remain under-served in terms of funding and choice of service, despite the Equality and Human Rights Act which has age as a protected characteristic.
The event will be attended by:
- Dame Esther Rantzen
- Baroness Greengross (The Former Equality Commissioner on Age)
- Baroness Camilla Cavendish (Author of Extra Time – a Harvard publication on the longevity challenge)
- Professor Norma Raynes, Head of Intergen
- Ann Longfield, The Children’s Commissioner
The aim of the event is to develop a group of champions who would like to advance this cause.
- Andrew Parsons
- Martin Green, Care England