7th Floor, 85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Simon is an Associate in our Corporate team. He is experienced in various areas of corporate and commercial law, including acquisitions, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, business start-ups, agency, distribution, outsourcing, e-commerce, franchising and intellectual property.
Areas of Expertise
Simon has a broad ranging commercial practice relating to the day-to-day operations of businesses.
A strong focus of his practice is on drafting, negotiating and advising on a variety of commercial contracts relating to agency, distribution, franchising, joint ventures, manufacturing and outsourcing. He provides expert advice on terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements and consultancy agreements.
He has particular experience on the protection and exploitation of various types of intellectual property rights including trademark applications, patent licences and assignments of copyright.
An additional part of his work is advising on competition law, data protection and other regulatory considerations in the context of various business types.
Simon’s expertise encompasses company formation, and drafting the constitutional documentation for private limited companies, companies limited by guarantee, CICs, LLPs and partnerships. Simon is skilled in drafting, negotiating and advising on stand-alone share option agreements and both approved and unapproved share option schemes.
Simon also advises on directors’ duties, shareholders’ rights and other corporate matters.
Recent advice includes:
- Acting for a multinational supplier of automotive parts on group restructuring, involving loans, distributions, share sales and share buy backs with values in excess of $50m.
- Representing rail engineering specialists in setting up a joint venture vehicle for the ultimate procurement of rail engineering contracts worth in excess of £6m.
- Acting for an international supplier of pipelines to the oil and gas industry on supply agreements (including in the context of the supply chain) worth in excess of £5m.
- Representing a regional printing company on an outsourcing agreement with a major UK bank for printing and related services worth in excess of £5m.
- Acting for a product branding company on an outsourcing agreement with a leading UK food group for the branding, manufacture and supply of promotional products.
- Representing several companies within an international steel-casting group on a number of supply and manufacturing agreements.
- Advising a specialist IT company on a supply and management agreement with a major London borough for the supply of CCTV and traffic monitoring services.
- Acting for an established manufacturer and international supplier of medical implants on an OEM agreement and related manufacturing licence.
- Advising a corporate investor in a joint venture vehicle involving the purchase of a light aircraft maintenance business.
- Acting for a corporate buyer in the purchase of the business and assets of a regional waste transfer plant, involving the transfer and variation of environmental permits.
- Advising on the sale of a protein synthesis company to a global chemical manufacturing group, involving complex acceptance testing of transferred know-how.
- Assisting in the sale of an online branding company, involving earn-out provisions and conditional options in the corporate buyer.
Simon has acted for clients in various sectors, including manufacturing, supply chain, research and design, branding, property management, serviced office accommodation and healthcare.