7th Floor, 85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Safwan is a solicitor in our employment team. Safwan qualified as a solicitor in 2018, having joined the firm as a trainee in 2016 and completed seats in our healthcare, commercial litigation, commercial property and tax and private client teams.
Areas of Expertise
Safwan specialises in all contentious and non-contentious aspects of employment law. He has advised employees and employers in relation to ordinary and automatic unfair dismissals, constructive dismissals and redundancies. He is also experienced in drafting and negotiating employment contracts, disciplinary and grievance procedures and whistleblowing and discrimination claims.
Safwan also has experience in advising on the preparation of handbooks, enforcement of restrictive covenants, confidentiality obligations and in relation to the application of TUPE.
- Acting for medical defence organisations and their members in criminal, employment, disciplinary and regulatory proceedings
- Court of Appeal hearings
- General Medical Council (GMC) and General Dental Council (GDC) proceedings
- Assisting with advising on the various stages of fitness to practise proceedings
- Pre-inquest review hearings and inquests
- Acting for both claimants and defendants in a wide range of High Court litigation matters
- Advising clients on limitation issues, professional negligence claims, standstill agreements, disclosure obligations and settlement negotiations
- Drafting pre-action protocol letters, court applications, witness statements and memoranda of advice
- Drafting commercial leases, multi-issue licences and surrender and re-grants for domestic and international clients
- Researching matters related to clients’ specific transactions, such as SDLT and planning issues
Tax and Private Client
- Advising individuals on domestic and international tax and estate planning
- Drafting wills and assisting with administering high-value estates
Employment Lawyers Association
London Young Lawyers Group
Junior Lawyers Division
- Are referees employees? The appeal
11 May 2020 | Employment
- Covid-19 – FAQs from employees
24 March 2020 | Employment
- Richard Keogh vs Derby County Football Club – Has the club dismissed fairly?
18 November 2019 | Employment
- Employers – are you keeping up with the record keeping requirements under the Working Time Regulations?
28 May 2019 | Employment
- Imminent changes to employment law
22 February 2019 | Corporate | Employment | Tax and private client
- Can an Olympic cyclist be deemed an employee by receiving funding from a governing body?
22 January 2019 | Employment
- Are referees employees?
18 October 2018 | Employment
- Dismissal for historic misdemeanours – Is the Football Association guilty of doing sweet FA?
13 November 2017 | Employment
- Case review: Kamberova v NMC
3 February 2017 | Healthcare