6 Canal Wharf
Leeds LS11 5PS
Ian is a Solicitor in our Healthcare team based in Leeds. He draws on his previous experience in acting for claimants in clinical negligence claims to offer advice in a wide range of healthcare matters.
Areas of Expertise
Ian offers advice on the defence and resolution of pre-action and litigated clinical negligence claims brought against a wide variety of healthcare professionals and providers.
In addition to defending civil claims, he acts for doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals in regulatory and disciplinary matters including coroner’s inquests, criminal proceedings and cases referred to the General Medical Council (GMC) and General Dental Council (GDC).
Medical defence organisations
Dental and medical practitioners
- The relevance of retirement and future risk in fitness to practise proceedings revisited
3 July 2018 | Healthcare
- Government commitment to personal injury reform
26 March 2018 | Healthcare | Litigation and dispute resolution
- A move forward – Legal protection against criminal prosecution for pharmacists
23 February 2018 | Healthcare
- No special treatment for litigants in person
21 February 2018 | Healthcare | Litigation and dispute resolution
- Court of Appeal declares exclusion of fatal accident bereavement award to cohabitees incompatible with ECHR
30 November 2017 | Healthcare