85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Simon is a Partner in our Healthcare team. He represents doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals in disciplinary proceedings before their regulators arising from conduct, performance and health issues.
Simon Gomersall regularly represents doctors, dentists and other healthcare professionals in judicial reviews and inquests. He earns notable plaudits from market commentators for his “excellent preparation of cases.” Chambers and Partners 2020
Simon Gomersall is skilled in representing healthcare professionals in disciplinary proceedings before the regulators. Clients comment: ‘He’s very measured and very sensible,’ with the ability to ‘provide good forensic analysis of a case.’ Chambers and Partners 2018
Simon Gomersall represents medical professionals, primarily doctors and dentists, in regulatory proceedings. One impressed source describes him as ‘very personable and eloquent, incredibly bright and reassuring with clients.’ Chambers and Partners 2017
Areas of Expertise
Simon advises and represents practitioners in respect of inquests, NHS Performers List investigations and hospital disciplinary investigations. He is instructed both by medical defence organisations (MDOs) and individual healthcare professionals.
Simon is an experienced advocate and appears regularly before professional regulators, coroners and NHS panels.
Dental and medical practitioners
Medical defence organisations
- Notification of Deaths Regulations 2019 – A unified approach
15 November 2019 | Healthcare Professionals
- The standard of proof at suicide inquests
22 May 2019 | Healthcare | Mental health law | Primary care
- Sir Cliff’s victory: Why registrants with the General Dental Council should care
19 July 2018 | Healthcare | Litigation and dispute resolution | Primary care
- High Court rules Coroner’s ‘first come first served’ system for burials is unlawful
27 April 2018 | Healthcare
- If it’s not written down it didn’t happen… or did it?
2 March 2018 | Healthcare | Primary care
- Health and Care Professions Tribunal Service launch: A further step in the harmonisation of healthcare regulators
12 May 2017 | Healthcare | Primary care