85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Melissa is a Solicitor in the Healthcare Providers team.
Melissa advises on a wide range of contentious matters including breach of contract, professional negligence, regulatory matters and insolvency issues. Melissa also advises on contentious probate matters and has experience advising on intellectual property litigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Issuing and managing general litigation claims to trial
- Preparing a range of court applications from interim summary judgment and strike out to injunctive relief
- Advising and defending solicitors and other legal professionals subject to Solicitors Regulation Authority investigations and Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal proceedings
- Advising a solicitor on recovery of practice debts
- Acting for a solicitor on a complex LLP dispute
- Assisting in white collar related matters including fraud, cyber-crime and criminal investigations
- Assisting in liquidations and bankruptcy issues
Melissa’s clients range from individuals to private limited companies and limited liability partnerships, as well as partnerships and private care homes.
Melissa is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association and Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association. Melissa also actively volunteers with the Battersea Legal Advice Clinic.
- CQC Prosecutions in Prison Healthcare
11 July 2019 | Care homes | Healthcare | Mental health law
- Care homes briefing 193 – Key learnings for care providers from the Ombudsman’s report on care complaints
26 April 2019 | Care homes | Healthcare | Primary care
- Care home briefing 142 – The Care Act 2014 in a nutshell
18 November 2014 | Care homes