85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Karen is a Partner and Head of Property. She specialises in the purchase, sale, letting, ownership and management of residential property for owner occupation, investment and development by UK or off-shore clients.
Karen advises on the full range of property matters, and has a particular interest in financing of and secured lending on residential property, lettings, individual and collective enfranchisement.
Karen’s clients include landed estates, high-net worth owners, occupiers, investors and property companies.
RadcliffesLeBrasseur’s practice head Karen Mayne handles the purchase, sale, letting, ownership and management of residential properties… Leasehold enfranchisement work is also a key strength for the group. Legal 500 2017
Some of Karen’s recent work includes:
- Acting in connection with the sale and purchase of residential properties with transaction values of £15-25 million for high net worth individuals, some of whom are non-domiciled
- Advising on first registration of an unregistered ransom strip without evidence of title and to protect the amenity of a major country house
- Advising on the prospective purchase of a rural estate, including various residential units all of which had been altered substantially without requisite planning or building regulation consents
- Representing various institutional landlords on a variety of matters, including the restructuring of freehold and leasehold interests in a Central London mixed use block of flats and tenants’ application for collective enfranchisement
- Advising the Church Commissioners on applications for flat lease extensions, purchase of house freeholds and collective enfranchisement
- Acting for a historic London club on sale of part of its premises for residential development
The Law Society
Association of Women Solicitors