85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Karen is a Partner and Head of Property. She specialises in the purchase, sale, letting, ownership and management of residential property for owner occupation, investment and development by UK or off-shore clients.
Karen advises on the full range of property matters, and has a particular interest in financing of and secured lending on residential property, lettings, individual and collective enfranchisement.
Karen’s clients include landed estates, high-net worth owners, occupiers, investors and property companies.
Karen qualified in 1984.
Karen Mayne has particular expertise in residential property purchases, sales and lettings. Other core strengths… include individual and collective enfranchisement and property-related financing and secured lending. Legal 500 2019
RadcliffesLeBrasseur’s practice head Karen Mayne handles the purchase, sale, letting, ownership and management of residential properties… Leasehold enfranchisement work is also a key strength for the group. Legal 500 2017
Some of Karen’s recent work includes:
- Acting in connection with the sale and purchase of residential properties with transaction values of £15-25 million for high net worth individuals, some of whom are non-domiciled
- Advising on first registration of an unregistered ransom strip without evidence of title and to protect the amenity of a major country house
- Advising on the prospective purchase of a rural estate, including various residential units all of which had been altered substantially without requisite planning or building regulation consents
- Representing various institutional landlords on a variety of matters, including the restructuring of freehold and leasehold interests in a Central London mixed use block of flats and tenants’ application for collective enfranchisement
- Advising the Church Commissioners on applications for flat lease extensions, purchase of house freeholds and collective enfranchisement
- Acting for a historic London club on sale of part of its premises for residential development
The Law Society
Association of Women Solicitors
- The potential legal dangers of letting property using Airbnb
11 July 2019 | Property
- The Court of Appeal considers what happens if a building is built with defects that cannot be remedied
9 May 2019 | Property
- A guide to purchasing leasehold property
5 July 2018 | Property
- What first-time buyers need to know about conveyancing
26 June 2018 | Property | Tax and private client
- Digging deep: Issues with basement developments
10 June 2016 | Property
- Lease Guarantee: When can you not rely on them?
15 August 2011 | Property | Property litigation
- A case update: break clauses and surrender of leases
12 July 2010 | Property | Property litigation