85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Martin is a Consultant Solicitor specialising in commercial property with over 35 years’ experience in buying, selling, leasing and certificated lending and management of all types of commercial property. He provides wide ranging advice on commercial landlord and tenant issues and tactics, as well as general property issues and documentation.
Martin’s clients include commercial property companies, firms of surveyors, agents and engineers and individuals.
A career highlight was acting for P&O Shopping Centres in the 1995 House of Lords case: Graysim Holdings Ltd v P&O Property Holdings Ltd (and winning 6-0).
Areas of Expertise
Martin advises on a broad range of property issues, with a particular interest in commercial property problem solving.
Martin’s recent experience includes:
- Relocation of a firm of consulting engineers
- Landlord and tenant renewal and subsequent disengagement from commercial premises and dilapidations issues
- First registration of title where an adjoining owner had wrongly registered title to part of the client’s land
- Acquisition of a commercial site for redevelopment and owner occupation
- Sale of a cleared site with planning permission for residential and a complex Section 106 agreement with the local authorities with clawback provisions
- Supermarket redevelopment
- Negotiations for the owner of a large commercial property affected by the Thames Tunnel engineering project
- Lease of a restaurant in a new development
- Purchase of offices for an investor
- Advice and opposition to a planning application in which the applicant had wrongly declared ownership to part of the client’s property
The Law Society