7th Floor, 85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Caroline is an Associate in our tax and private client team. She advises clients on all aspects of private client law, including international and domestic tax, complex succession planning, estate administration and probate, trusts and mental capacity.
Caroline advises a wide range of individuals, both UK based and international, in relation to their tax and succession issues. Caroline specialises in advising and structuring international high net worth individuals across multiple jurisdictions.
Areas of Expertise
Caroline has broad experience in all elements of private client law and taxation. Caroline specialises in the following:
- International and cross-jurisdictional succession planning, including the preparation of tax efficient Wills for high and ultra high net worth individuals
- Asset protection and generational estate planning
- Administration of estates, including complex estates with contentious and international elements
- Advising international individuals on their UK residence and domicile status and how to prepare for becoming UK resident or domiciled.
- Domicile disputes and negotiating with HMRC that an individual was not domiciled in the UK at their death
- All aspects of trusts, both onshore and offshore, and their taxation
- Capacity issues, Court Of Protection matters and the preparation of lasting powers of attorneys and deputyships
Caroline works to provide bespoke advice to clients based on their individual circumstances and is successful at developing strong working relationships with clients and intermediaries.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)