7th Floor, 85 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1AE
Joshua is a solicitor in our Tax and Private Client team.
Joshua advises individuals, families, and trustees on a range of private client matters, generally on issues related to the growth, structure, and devolution of personal and business wealth. This includes advising on succession, wills, inheritance, trusts, and tax and estates planning.
Joshua particularly enjoys advising on matters that involve an international element, having also studied French Law at Grenoble University, France. He frequently advises clients who are not resident or domiciled in the UK as well as those that are based in the UK but hold assets abroad.
Joshua is a STEP Affiliate.
- Providing estate plans to US-connected individuals including preparing wills; restructuring UK and US assets to minimise exposure to US and UK capital taxes; reviewing and advising on US grantor trusts, US estate planning documents, and on the US/UK double taxation treaty; and advising on the concepts of domicile, deemed domicile, and residence.
- Advising on European succession regulations and incorporating the regulations within wills.
- Establishing tax-planning strategies for those looking to emigrate from the UK.
- Advising foreign nationals who are looking to relocate to the UK, including advising on how to structure assets in a tax-efficient manner prior to arrival in the UK.
- Co-ordination of the administration of estates with assets in multiple jurisdictions (including in Common Law jurisdictions, Civil Law jurisdictions, and Islamic Law jurisdictions); resealing English grants of probate for use abroad; re-sealing foreign grants of probate for use within the UK; restructuring the devolution of assets in the UK to minimise exposure to foreign tax; and advising on intestacies (where there is no will) and insolvent estates.
- Acting on behalf of trustees including an established group of interlinked family trusts, charitable trusts, and will trusts. This includes advising the trustees of their legal and fiduciary obligations, trust restructuring, tax implications and consequences; submitting and advising on reporting declarations (to HMRC and under FATCA/CRS); preparing trust deeds; and dealing with other issues as they arise.
- Franco-British Lawyers Association / Association des Juristes Franco-Britanniques