Employment law and pensions
‘Clients value RadcliffesLeBrasseur’s commercial-edged advice, pragmatism, jargon free discussion and more individualised advice.’ Legal 500
Our employment team provides advice to many charities, both large and small.
We provide advice on the full range of employment and human resources related matters from recruitment to termination. Examples of our services frequently required by charities are:
- Advantages and disadvantages of self-employed status
- Consultancy contracts
- Claims in the Employment Tribunal, County Court or High Court
- Drafting and updating policies and procedures such as disciplinary and grievance policies, equal opportunities policies, family friendly policies and email and internet policies
- Drafting standard contracts or contracts for specific employees
- Immigration and work permits
- Issues in relation to capability or conduct of employees
- Short or long term sickness absence
- Termination packages, including drafting compromise agreements and advice on whether the approval of the Charity Commission needs to be obtained
- The application of TUPE to business transfers / service provision change
- The audit of current employment contracts and policies
Workshops, seminars and updates
The purpose of our workshops is to share knowledge and experience. Each workshop is interactive, designed to give our clients in-depth knowledge of a particular area of employment law with a case study to put their new knowledge into practice.
We are also able to provide clients with tailor made workshops and courses which can be delivered at their own premises.