Banking and finance
We provide clear commercial advice on a wide range of banking matters, including acquisition finance, asset finance and equipment leasing, commercial lending, property-based finance, property real estate and reorganisation and reconstruction.
Our expertise encompasses UK and cross-jurisdictional work.
We advise both lenders and borrowers. Our clients include public and private companies, commercial banks, venture capitalists, property developers and insurance companies.
Some examples of recent work include:
- Negotiating all banking documentation in relation to the £200m+ acquisition of a property holding company, 280 Bishopsgate Limited
- Advising on all banking aspects of the £150m acquisition of a commercial property portfolio
- Handling all banking aspects of the £70m acquisition of a London hotel
- Acting in the £50m refinancing of a London hotel
- Acting for an Italian bank acquiring the London branch of another Italian bank
- Acting for a listed UK bank in the sale of its loan portfolio to a UK building society
- Acting for numerous banks and financial institutions in their funding of investment projects in the UK, South Africa and France
- Advising commercial banks in relation to a series of property-based lending transactions
- Acting for various UK and South African investors in relation to the financing or acquisition of UK property portfolios
- Drafting standard commercial lending documentation for the London branch of a Saudi Arabian bank
- Negotiating all banking documentation in relation to the re-structuring of a hotel group
- Drafting and negotiating facility letters and other loan arrangements, debentures, fixed and floating charges and other forms of security and negotiating intercreditor agreements and deeds of priority or postponement