We provide transactional and advisory work to a broad cross-section of UK and international clients, including companies seeking funding, banks, funders, brokers and corporate finance advisers.
We have a reputation for delivering fast, accurate and cost-effective legal advice within a commercial and market-oriented framework.
Working in partnership with our clients quite often means that our lawyers will work on secondment in-house at a client’s premises for the duration of a project.
Our lawyers work closely with specialists throughout the firm to ensure that advice is available on tax, contracts, employment, property, IP and other related matters in order to provide our clients with a complete and seamless service.
We maintain strong links with a variety of professional advisers around the world enabling further support for our clients whose work has a cross-border element.
Some examples of recent work include:
- Negotiating all banking documentation in relation to the £200m+ acquisition of a property holding company, 280 Bishopsgate Limited
- Advising on all banking aspects of the £150m acquisition of a commercial property portfolio
- Handling all banking aspects of the £70m acquisition of a London hotel
- Acting for CMG on its admission to the London Stock Exchange
- Assisting with the flotation of a chemical testing company on the London Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of £600m+
- Advising Avalon Oil on its flotation on AIM with a market capitalisation of £75m and £33m of funds raised, which at the time was one of the largest AIM fundraisings
- Co-ordinating the raising of £14m+ of venture capital and associated bank debt for a health and fitness club group
- Acting for a software company in relation to an $11m investment by a venture capital house
- Advising a software company in relation to a £5m investment by 3i, including negotiating the shareholders’ agreement and articles of association
- Dealing with the £3m investment by a US venture capital house in joint venture with a UK software designer
- Acting for a medical database company in relation to the £1.5m investment by an off-shore venture capital house