Internet access, e-commerce and the growing use of mobile and tablet technology to shop online is creating a global customer base for UK goods and services.
Consumers want instant access to goods and services, easy price comparison and the flexibility to purchase whenever and wherever they wish.
Examples of our recent work include:
- Drafting standard terms and conditions for the use of a website
- Preparing a distribution agreement in relation to a website selling art products
- Advising on agreements with authors and subscribers in respect of journals published online
- Advice on the competition/antitrust aspects of joint ventures to set up internet markets in the aerospace industry
- Advising on the terms and conditions relating to the operation of a website, the protection of intellectual property rights in relation to the site and the obtaining of consent in relation to third parties’ rights in materials used on the site
- Negotiating a contract for the provision of special services for setting up a website.
- Advising on the use of intranets for distance learning
- Advising on the legal aspects of intranets
- Advising on a £10m fundraising by a WAP content provider
- Handling a £3m private placing for an online training business
- Advising on the £2.2m private placing of an online recruitment agency