We advise many different IT providers, including software designers, hardware manufacturers and suppliers and internet service providers. We also act for IT users, including private businesses, NHS and private health bodies, educational institutions and charities.
Our team can provide advice on all aspects of IT law including website development contracts, e-commerce, software licensing and development, hardware and software procurement, telecommunications and IT litigation or dispute resolution, digital data, data protection and security, freedom of information and privacy and information.
Our relevant experience includes:
- Negotiating a £35m agreement for the outsourcing of IT services
- Drafting and negotiating software licences, including shrink-wrap licences, volume agreements and licences for digital content
- Preparing standard licence agreements relating to the supply of computer software
- Advising on a wide range of licensing agreements in relation to copyright, particularly in connection with the licensing and distribution of computer software
- Acting for an IT computer services company in relation to the outsourcing of a transport related information facility
- Advising the supplier in connection with the outsourcing of part of the IT activity of a major industrial materials producer
- Acting for the supplier in relation to the outsourcing of the IT activities of a local authority
- Acting for the supplier in relation to the outsourcing of the IT function of a publicly listed media, hotel and catering group
- Forming a joint venture for an IT consultancy, including drafting a 50:50 shareholders’ agreement, articles of association, consultancy agreements and assignments of intellectual property
- Acting for a software company in relation to an $11m investment by a venture capital house
- Acting for a medical database company in relation to the £1.5m investment by an off-shore venture capital house