We combine excellent legal skills with sound commercial acumen to provide you with best structure to achieve your business goals. We will advise you on the most practical, workable, tax-efficient structure. Our experience is broad ranging, acting for both small and large scale joint ventures.
We can advise on all aspects including initial structuring and tax advice, negotiating and drafting joint venture documentation, dispute resolution, termination of joint ventures, as well as handling all company secretarial matters.
Our relevant experience includes:
- Advising a telecoms company in relation to a joint venture concerning the Channel Tunnel
- Acting for a French company in connection with a joint venture with a UK aerospace company, including negotiating a shareholders’ agreement and articles of association with minority protections, management controls and exit options
- Advising a telecoms company on a joint venture involving the installation of telephone facilities in aeroplanes
- Acting for a French brand licensing company in relation to a £1m investment in a joint venture with a UK manufacturing company, including negotiating the shareholders’ agreement, articles of association and secured loan notes
- Advising a US eye care corporation in relation to a joint venture with a UK partner to set up a retail operation in Russia
- Forming a joint venture for an IT consultancy, including drafting a 50:50 shareholders’ agreement, articles of association, consultancy agreements and assignments of intellectual property
- Forming a series of joint ventures involving venture capital trusts on behalf of a major listed company and carrying out the purchase of several hotels
- Advising on numerous joint ventures formed for the acquisition of properties
- Advising a major plc on its withdrawal from a joint venture for the testing of products in China