We provide advice on the legal issues affecting partnerships and limited liability partnerships (LLPs). The advice is across a broad spectrum of sectors.
We are particularly pleased to act for many professional services firms, including law firms, accountants, surveyors and architects. Our solid reputation in the healthcare sector means we are often instructed by GP and dental practices.
Our team advises on a full range of contentious and non-contentious issues, including LLP and partnership agreements, formations, conversions of companies and partnerships to LLPs, disputes, remuneration arrangements, removals and dissolutions.
Some recent examples of work include:
- Advising doctors and other medical practitioners on partnership agreements and disputes
- Advising architects, surveyors and other professionals on the transfer of partnerships to LLPs
- Advising an accountancy firm on the restructuring of its partnership and the provisions for the admission of new partners
- Acting for a professional services partnership on the enforced retirement of equity partners
- Advising on the setting up and structure of limited partnerships for property investment and fine art investments, under the Limited Partnerships Act 1907
- Acting for numerous professional services partnerships in their mergers with other partnerships, particularly in accountancy, legal, surveying and architectural professions
- Acting for a professional services partnership in its demerger from its existing partner and the creation of a new partnership
- Advising many partnerships in different sectors on disputes between partners and on managing their relationships with creditors
- Acting for an equity partner in a London firm of solicitors on a partnership dispute
- Acting for the main equity partner in a firm of solicitors on a dispute with other equity partners
- Advising a solicitor on the break up of an LLP