Employment services for charities
We have a long tradition of providing legal services to charities and not-for-profit organisations. We are committed to making a difference in the community and provide high quality, values driven advice to social enterprises.
We offer cost-effective, practical solutions based on our in-depth knowledge and experience in this sector. In providing our advice to charities we are aware of our clients’ obligations to the Charity Commission.
We believe prevention is always better than cure and aim to minimise our clients’ exposure to risk by assisting them with high quality advice and practical solutions that ensure good employment practices. If litigation is unavoidable then we will work to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently, minimising the impact on our clients’ operations and reputation.
Our advice and support includes:
- Advice on grievances and disciplinary matters
- Advice on HR policies and handbooks
- Advice on redundancies and negotiation
- Equal pay and discrimination
- Maternity and parental rights
- Preparing and reviewing contracts of employment
- Representation in the Employment Tribunal and High Court
- The status of part-time workers and volunteers
- Working Time Regulations