Nationally renowned for our regulatory expertise
Guiding highly regulated industries in their health and safety responsibilities.
Health and Safety
In highly regulated industries there are legal concerns and responsibilities over and above standard health and safety policies
Our teams in the regulatory field are nationally renowned in providing advice to the corporate, healthcare and legal sectors.
Our regulatory expertise allows us not only to advise on the correct course of action when a health and safety issue arises, but to implement appropriate and effective preventative measures to avoid them occurring in the first place.
We are regularly instructed by our clients in relation to regulatory, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Care Quality Commission (CQC) investigations and prosecutions.
We advise from the initial incident through to advising on internal and external investigations, responding to requests for interview under caution, attending such interviews, making representations to prosecuting authorities, and representation through to trial.
Our clients include corporate organisations, the largest national care home groups, NHS Trusts, independent hospitals and independent mental hospital groups.
We regularly represent clients on the following:
- HSE, CQC, Local Authority (LA), Environment Agency (EA) and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) investigations and prosecutions
- Interviews by any regulatory body or the police
- Advising on directors’ personal liability
- Corporate manslaughter, gross negligence manslaughter
- Representing medical professionals and providers at inquests
- Compliance guidelines, policies and procedures for companies, boards and employees
We regularly organise roundtables and workshops for our clients, deliver email updates on legal matters and case reviews, and deliver bespoke in-house training.