Police and NHS Fraud investigations
‘They know every strategy and pitfall… a top-draw medical firm.’ Chambers and Partners 2017
Our strong reputation for defending healthcare professionals in criminal proceedings comes from having acted in a number of the landmark cases in gross negligence manslaughter, assault, sexual assault and fraud, as well as less common, but no less serious crimes, such as female genital mutilation.
Our team of lawyers has a wealth of experience advising healthcare professional at police station interviews under caution and includes an accredited police station representatives and a former member of the Crown Prosecution Service.
We recognise the high stakes involved in any criminal prosecution. However, underpinning our approach is a broader recognition of the potential effect of the proceedings on a professional’s registration status and employment. Criminal charges, convictions and cautions are often notifiable to a professional’s regulatory body and employer. Often, the same facts that lead to acquittal in the criminal court can still sustain serious allegations of misconduct in the professional regulatory context.
- Advice and representation at police station interviews under caution
- Advice and representation in interviews with the NHS Counter Fraud Authority
- Proactive liaison with the police and CPS over charging decision and
- Formulation of defence team and effective representation at trials in the Magistrates and Crown Courts
- Appeals to the Court of Appeal Criminal Division
- Advice in respect of Disclosure and Barring Service interventions and action
|We are approved suppliers on the HealthTrust Europe and NHS Shared Business Services frameworks.|