Corporate transactions and financing
Our experienced team of commercial lawyers have acted for numerous care home groups and individual clients in the sale or purchase of residential care homes. We regularly advise on the management, re-organisation and re-financing of care home businesses and provide commercially focused, efficient and cost effective advice to our clients.
Our commercial team works closely with our specialist property lawyers, who have considerable experience of the property elements of buying and selling individual homes or large groups.
Our property team can also advise on the development of new homes or the alteration of existing premises from the planning stage through to completion.
Our experience of acting for buyers, sellers, developers and funders in all manner of dealings with residential care homes means that we can appreciate the aims and concerns of all parties to a transaction. We are often instructed, therefore, to draft documents which are manifestly fair and reasonable and which require little or no amendment. This in turn ensures a smoother, simpler transaction with fewer delays.
Examples of our relevant experience include:
- Handling the £5.8m acquisition of an LLP which operates care homes
- Advising on the £5.2m acquisition of a care homes group
- Handling the £5m sale of two nursing care homes
- Advising on the £3.5m purchase of a care home in Worcestershire
- Handling numerous sales of nursing homes on behalf of bank receivers
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the construction and development of residential care homes, including all negotiations with contractors
- Advising on planning matters affecting care homes
- Advising on restrictive covenants preventing the development of property as a care facility