CQC regulatory issues
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is an increasingly assertive regulator, cancelling more registrations than ever. Its reports can be devastating to reputation and morale, as well as to occupancy rates.
At the same time, operators often have concerns about ratings and reports, and the specific approach adopted by some individual inspectors.
Our award-winning health and social care team specialises in advising providers facing regulatory crises. The team is led by Andrew Parsons who is recommended as a leading individual in the sector by Chambers and Legal 500.
Our services include helping providers in connection with:
- Challenging inspection reports and ratings
- Drafting effective representations on notices of proposal to cancel registration or remove locations
- Appeals to the Tribunal
- Applications for registration
- Applications for varying or removing conditions for registration
- Technical aspects of registration including the requirements following from acquisitions or disposals
- Statutory requests for information
- Interviews under caution pursuant to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE)
We also offer our clients a variety of services to add value including providing a 24-hour legal advice line, administering whistleblowing lines on behalf of providers, undertaking investigations and providing training.
We act for clients nationally and so offer competitive rates.