Property development and construction
We have an experienced team of commercial lawyers who have acted for numerous care home groups and individual clients in the sale or purchase of residential care homes.
Our team regularly advises on the management, re-organisation and re-financing of care home businesses, and provides commercially focused, efficient and cost effective advice to our clients.
Our commercial team works closely with our specialist property lawyers, who have considerable experience of the property elements of buying and selling individual homes or large groups.
Our property team can also advise on the development of new homes or the alteration of existing premises from the planning stage through to completion.
Examples of our relevant experience include:
- Advising on planning matters affecting care homes
- Advising on restrictive covenants preventing the development of property as a care facility
- Advising on the £5.2m acquisition of a care homes group
- Advising on the £3.5m purchase of a care home in Worcestershire
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the construction and development of residential care homes, including all negotiations with contractors
- Handling the £5m sale of two nursing care homes
- Handling the £5.8m acquisition of an LLP which operates care homes