Regulation plays an increasingly important role in healthcare and can involve the Care Quality Commission (CQC), General Medical Council (GMC), Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Our healthcare lawyers have in-depth knowledge of regulatory issues and prosecutions.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising on poor outcomes following a CQC inspection report
- Successfully arguing against a CQC notice of compliance to close a care home
- Successfully arguing against a CQC notice of proposal to impose conditions on a provider’s registration
- Successfully arguing that a prosecution brought against a provider under health and safety legislation should not continue
- Supporting staff called by CQC for an interview under caution
- Representing two nurses charged with serious professional misconduct in a fitness to practise case brought by the NMC