Cosmetic and beauty clinics
Clinics need to make sense of the growing regulation, and at the same time take advantage of market opportunities, to do so they need a specialist healthcare firm which has experience in this area.
We have developed an expertise in advising cosmetic and beauty clinics that are regulated under the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
We have a clear understanding of the commercial aspects of the healthcare and cosmetics industry. We are able to provide straightforward, commercial advice on all areas of healthcare law. Our clients have direct access to the lawyers dealing with their concerns and, by working closely with our clients, we can provide cost-effective advice, which takes into account the special requirements unique to the healthcare sector.
We offer a complete range of legal services to cosmetic and beauty clinics, including advice on the following areas:
- Registration with regulatory bodies
- Practical advice on dealing with inspections and reports
- Advice on professional matters
- Representation at the First-Tier Tribunal (Care Standards)
- Advice and guidance on untoward incidents, inquests and investigations
- Clinical and medical related litigation
- Data protection and medical records issues
- Employment advice including contracts, dismissals, tribunal claims, transfer of business issues and redundancy
- Legal representation regarding matters relating to health and safety prosecutions and corporate manslaughter
- Advice and representation in matters pertaining to the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the General Medical Council (GMC), and the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Commercial contracts
- Setting up joint ventures, partnership agreements and related issues
- Acquisition and disposal of clinics and other medical premises
- Mergers and acquisitions of cosmetic and beauty clinics
- Development and construction of clinic premises
- Bank lending and finance
We regularly provide lectures, briefings and seminars, to keep our clients abreast of recent developments and changes in the law.
We also maintain a 24-hour helpline for regulatory queries to ensure our clients are supported with expert legal advice in the event of emergencies.