Court of Protection
Our Court of Protection work embraces two leading teams in the healthcare and private client legal fields. We act for both private individuals and large health and social care organisations.
In the private wealth context we act for some of the world’s wealthiest clients in dealing with a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious Court of Protection issues.
We also act for many household names in the health and social care sector. Our specialist team act for NHS trusts and private healthcare providers, and some of the largest national care home operators.
Our work covers issues relating to:
- Capacity and legal rights issues including DoLs
- Medical treatment or ‘right to die’ cases
- We have a permanent (rolling) secondment to the Court of Protection team at a major London NHS Trust (one of the biggest in the UK)
- Deputyships for large UHNW and HNW clients
- Gifting under Powers of Attorney and Deputyships
- Contentious matters involving estates of those that have lost capacity and are in dispute.