We have built a reputation for our legal services throughout the healthcare sector, acting for medical defence organisations, GP practices and individual doctors – both NHS and private.
We represent a wide variety of other clients in the medical field, including many of the largest NHS trusts, health authorities, private sector providers, insurers and medical charities.
Our approach is focused on providing straightforward, practical advice. By drawing on our experience of healthcare matters and working closely with our clients, we can provide cost-effective advice that takes account of the special requirements of the medical sector.
Members of our healthcare team are active in providing educational lectures, briefings and seminars, to keep our clients abreast of developments. We also maintain a 24-hour helpline for mental healthcare clients to ensure they are supported with expert legal advice in the event of emergencies.
We regularly advise doctors’ practices and individual doctors on the full legal range of issues affecting them, both professionally and personally, including:
- Bank lending and finance
- Buying, selling and letting surgeries and other medical premises
- Clinical negligence
- Data protection and GDPR
- Development and construction of surgery premises
- GMS, PMS, APMS and other healthcare and commercial contracts
- IT and intellectual property
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Partnership agreements and related issues
- Partnership disputes and dissolution
- Regulatory advice and professional matters
- Setting up doctors’ partnerships
- Buying and selling residential property
- Wills and trusts
- Estate planning and administration
- Probate matters
- Personal tax
- Family law
|We are approved suppliers on the HealthTrust Europe and NHS Shared Business Services frameworks.|