Healthcare property services
We have considerable experience in advising on property matters for clients in the healthcare sector. For example, we regularly advise on the provision of primary care premises to GPs.
Having historically acted for GPs in connection with their property needs on a cost rent for rent reimbursement basis, we now act not only for GPs as buyers and tenants of property but also for NHS bodies which develop surgery premises for sale or lease to medical practitioners and for commercial providers of primary care premises to GPs and NHS bodies.
We are also active in advising on the purchase and sale of residential care homes, having recently handled a number of such transactions, as well providing other property-related advise to care home operators.
Our experience in acting for both buyers and sellers, tenants and landlords and developers and funders in relation to healthcare premises has enabled us to appreciate the aims and concerns of both parties of a transation and to draft documents which are manifestly fair and reasonable, requiring no or minimal amendments, thus keeping legal costs and delays to a minimum.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on the £2m purchase of a leasehold property for development and use in a GP practice
- Advising on the development of GP surgery premises in Bradford and Wakefield
- Acting for developers in relation to the construction of medical centres in Milton Keynes and Chessington
- Advising on the development of a health clinic in Wakefield and a health centre in Doncaster
- Handling various property matters for Bolton and Salford NHS Trust and Leeds Infirmary
- Dealing with the property aspects of the £17m sale of a nursing home group
- Acting for the buyer on the £2m purchase of two residential care homes
- Advising on the property aspects of a £12m outsourcing by a medical regulatory body
- Handling the purchase of freehold GP surgery premises
- Advising on the sale of a GP surgery
- Advising on the purchase of a dental surgery
- Handling the property aspects of a advising a GP practice on an application for change of planning use for the development of surgery premises
- Advising on a restrictive covenant affecting GP premises
- Drafting and negotiating an agreement for the construction and development of a residential care home, including all negotiations with contractors
- Advising on planning matters affecting care homes
- Advising on restrictive covenants preventing the development of property as a care facility
|We are approved suppliers on the HealthTrust Europe and NHS Shared Business Services frameworks.|