The main ethical dilemmas facing medical practitioners include healthcare provision for children, innovative treatments and techniques, and end of life care.
Our specialist lawyers can advise and formulate policy in this demanding area of medical practice.
We are experienced in handling ethical issues concerning:
- Children, including:
- parental consent for treatment
- disagreements between parents and health professionals over the treatment
- the weight given to a child’s views over treatment
- Innovative treatments and techniques, including patient consent where a treatment is new
- End of life care, including withholding and withdrawing consent, and capacity
Our lawyers act for hospitals, nursing homes, NHS bodies and individual professionals.