Proof of business
It will be necessary to provide proof that the individual is either in the process of planning/setting up or running the business.
This can include:
- A business plan
- Documents for the business premises
- Partnership agreements
- Insurance documents
- Business accounts prepared by a chartered accountant or approved by an auditor
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) documents (including evidence of payment)
- Qualifications for running the business, such as relevant formal qualifications or evidence of previously relevant experience
- Evidence of finances and investment in the business, such as UK or overseas bank statements, overseas money transfers and bank loans
- Evidence of any financial assistance from a third party (i.e. family member), such as bank statements or other financial documents, as evidence of their finances and a legal or other document confirming their involvement in and share of the business
- A document setting out the terms of the individual’s involvement in the business
The application is made online, via the Visa4UK service.