Experienced and successful
We use negotiation, alternative dispute resolution and litigation skills to resolve matters quickly and efficiently.
They are a client-focused, results-driven team. Attention to detail and excellence is at the core of their business […] They go above and beyond what is asked of them to ensure that the client is taken care of and they understand the litigation process. Legal 500 2021
RadcliffesLeBrasseur has ‘a growing reputation for litigation’ under the ‘excellent’ Simon Hartley, who is ‘concise and to the point’. Legal 500 2016
We understand the commercial and practical concerns of the property sector and try to help our clients avoid disputes in the first place.
If this is not possible, we use our skills in negotiation, alternative dispute resolution and property litigation to resolve matters quickly and efficiently. We provide clear, proactive advice to property developers, landlords, tenants, investors, lenders, freeholders, property managers, surveyors and insolvency practitioners. Our approach is to work closely with our clients and their other professional advisers in order to understand the issues they face and find workable, cost-effective solutions.
Our expertise includes:
- Rent reviews
- Dilapidations and other disrepair and reinstatement claims
- Termination of leases including the exercise of break options
- Right of light
- Business tenancy renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Professional negligence claims
- Lease disputes including tenant default, contentious landlord consent applications and service charge issues
- Possession, trespass and nuisance claims including obtaining injunctions against protestors, restrictive covenants and easements
- Litigation concerning property contracts including conditional sale and overage agreements
We also advise on finance-related real estate disputes and the challenges that can arise from joint venture relationships.
Our lawyers are experienced in dealing with the enforcement of security over property assets. We deal with property issues arising from insolvency procedure, including administration, liquidation, receivership, company voluntary arrangements (CVA), bankruptcy and schemes of arrangement.
In addition to our extensive experience of commercial real estate dispute resolution, we also have specialists in residential property issues, including landlord and tenant litigation, enfranchisement, lease extensions, exercising rights to manage and service and estates charge claims.
Please read our pricing guide for further information regarding debt recovery of up to £100,000 in the County Courts for businesses.